Dream about Water & Water dreams meaningTo see water in your dream symbolizes your subconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. To dream that water is boiling suggests that you are expressing some emotional turmoil. Feelings from your subconscious are surfacing and ready to be acknowledged.You need to let out some steam.To see calm, clear water in your dream means that you are in tune with your spirituality. It denotes serenity, peace of mind, and rejuvenation. If someone throws water at you in your dream, then it implies that you need to show more of your emotions. You have been too disconnected from others. Alternatively, it may mean that you need to cool off.
To see muddy or dirty water in your dream indicates that you are wallowing in your negative emotions. You may need to take some time to cleanse your mind and find internal peace. Alternatively, the dream suggests that your thinking/judgment is unclear and clouded. If you are immersed in muddy water, then it indicates that you are in over your head in a situation and are overwhelmed by your emotions. To dream that water is rising up in your house suggests that you are becoming overwhelmed by your emotions.
To dream that you are walking on water indicates that you have total control over your emotions. It also suggests that you need to “stay on top” of your emotions and not let them explode out of hand. Alternatively, the dream is symbolic of faith in yourself. If you dream that a wall of water is coming towards you, then it implies that your emotions are welling up and can potentially close you off to others. To dream that you can bend water represents your ability to control your emotions. You can hide your feelings well.
How To Analyze A Water Dream:Water dreams are quite common but what makes them unique to the individual are the events that take place. To get to the true meaning of what you dream represents you need to write down as much detail as possible. Get a pen and a paper and write down the answers to the questions below. Answering these type of questions would help differentiate your dream from the next person.
- What was the colour of the water?
- Explain the mood in your dream.
- Was the water rough or calm?
- Where you alone or with people?
- Did you sense danger or where you feeling safe?
Types of Water Dreams:
- Splashed by Water – This is a dream symbol where you unconscious is telling you to wake up! Get back on track with your life and stop stalling.
- Water is Boiling/Hot – Means your emotions are running high and you need to let of some steam. You might have reached your boiling point in a current situation. If you are burnt by the water it means that you are going to suffer if you boil up your emotions. You must relax and take your time.
- Unclear / Muddy or Dirty Water – Suggests that your dwelling in your own negativity. You need to take a break and clear your mind. It is likely that your thought process is clouded and needs some sort of cleansing. Muddy water is not a good symbol, it suggest that you need to remove all the heaviness in your life in order to see clear.
- Listening to Water – To listen to water in your dream denotes time for reflection and peace with your thoughts and emotions.
- Walking on Water – Means you at the top of your emotions and you have complete control. You might also have some hidden qualities.
- Tsunami – This scary dream means you are unable to deal with a powerful force that’s out of your control. Tsunami dreams indicate that your at your emotional capacity and something is going to let loose.
- Rivers – Rivers symbolize your journey in life whether its physical or spiritual one. If the river water is flowing fast it can mean rapid changes might occur soon. It is also possible that you feel out of control in your life and need to slow down. If the river is calm and peaceful it means being comfortable with the changes in your walking life.
- Waterfalls – Dreaming of a waterfall is a great dream symbol. It means cleansing and a new beginning. You might be getting a fresh start on life.
- Water Storms – Storms in dreams can represent a deterioration of the past experiences or relationships. Storms represent a bad situation that we are in emotionally. It doesn’t necessary mean its a bad symbol because every storm will pass and there will be sunshine ahead.
- Ocean Water – Depending on where you are in the ocean has different ways of interpreting the dream. If the ocean is dark or deep it represents your emotional state in your walking life. If the ocean water is turbulent it means that there might be rough time ahead. If your crossing the ocean water with ease means that you show a great ability to experience freedom and independence.
- Sea Water – Sea like the Ocean symbolizes your emotional state, but unlike the ocean dreaming of the sea is the connection between the conscious and unconscious mind. De-coding the dream you can come up with “I See Now” or “See It Coming”. If your lost at sea it relates to you floating around in life with out any sense of direction.
- Holy Water – You might need spiritual cleansing. Whatever you put holy water on in your dream you may want to bless that certain item that hold significance.
- Ship Wreck In Water – Depending if your stranded or not makes a big difference. If somebody is there to help you means that people support you during tough times. If not means you need support and someone to talk to.
- Water Fights – Water fights mean that you are open about sharing your emotions.
- Swimming or Pool – Swimming in a pool alone means that you are looking for relaxation. If you are swimming in a pool or ocean with somebody means that you are connected in more ways than one. .
- Drinking – It might be your mind telling you your dehydrated.
- Under water – When you are deep under water you are exploring deep into your unconscious mind. What you find might be a hidden treasure.
- Electrocuted – If you are Electrocuted in water suggest that your going to get some shocking news that you might not be expecting.
YOUR EMOTIONSDreams about water symbolize your emotional state of mind. Water can be experienced in many forms and thus the condition or form of the water in the dream can reflect very different mental states; let’s take a look at some of the most common.
1. SMOOTHLY FLOWING WATER VS. TURBULENT WATERA dream featuring smooth flowing water, such as a calm ocean or sea represents peace and harmony within; You are experiencing inner calm, comfort or are feeling content.
Turbulent flowing water in a dream, such as tidal waves or floods, can suggest that there is some chaos in your life, or you are feeling inundated, pressured or overwhelmed in some area of your life. The dream can also suggest that you are displaying passion or strong emotions.
When you see water overflowing or a waterfall in a dream, it can imply that you have built up emotions or energy that is beginning to surface.
2. CLEAN WATER VS. CLOUDY WATERA dream with clean and clear water can symbolize wisdom and a clear outlook, while cloudy or contaminated water can highlight confusion or the need to do better in some part of your life.what does it mean when you dream about water
3. SHALLOW WATER VS. DEEP WATERA dream featuring shallow water can symbolize lack of vital energy or superficial emotions, so perhaps you are being passive, feeling lethargic or putting on a front in some area of your waking life.
A dream with deep water can imply that you are feeling out of your depth in some area of your life, or you need to focus on how you relate to others in your waking life.
4. BREATHING UNDER WATER VS. DROWNINGA dream where you are able to breath underwater can suggest you are intuitive and open-minded, while drowning in a dream can reflect obstacles you may be facing in your life or you are feeling tied down.
5. DIVING INTO WATER VS. COMING UP OUT OF WATERWhen you dive into water in a dream it can reflect suppressed emotions or deep thoughts, so perhaps you need to find strength in some area of your life or you have been analyzing some aspect of yourself in detail. When you are submerged in water in a dream it can sometimes represent birth or pregnancy.
Coming up to the surface of water in a dream can suggest new beginnings or a fresh start in some area of your waking life.
6. OTHER DREAMS ABOUT WATERA dream featuring the controlling of water in the form of dams for example, implies that you are focusing on the subconscious or controlling your emotions in some area of your life.
If you walk on water in a dream then it can suggest that you are in full control of your emotions, you have an optimistic outlook, or you have confidence in your own abilities. To experience steam or frozen water in a dream can imply that you are feeling vulnerable or lack expression of emotion in some part of your life.
Taking a shower or bath in a dream can imply that you are in need of cleansing, perhaps from the complexities of everyday life, while to see your reflection in water may suggest that you need to comes to terms with or accept something in your life for what it is.
ANALYZING YOUR DREAMS ABOUT WATERIf you find yourself dreaming about water and are wondering so what does it mean when you dream about water? Then ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you open-minded, looking to try new things or hoping for a fresh start?
- Do you have confidence and are in full control of your emotions and your life?
- Are you feeling calm and content?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed or have bottled up emotions?
- Do you feel confused or out of your depth in some part of your life?
- Do you feel like things are getting on top of you and you need emotional cleansing?
- Are you having difficulty coming to terms with something in your life?
Searches related to dream about waterdream about water flood
dream about water rising
dream interpretation water
dream about water meaning
dream about water slide
dream about water breaking
dream about drinking water
dream about water overflowing
meaning water dreams psychology
dream interpretation scientific
dream interpretation water
what does ocean mean in a dream
significance of water in dreams
what do water dreams mean
what does it mean when you dream about water
dream dictionary water
Copyright Go To Dreams – Dreams dictionary
Source of Dreamdictionary, Dreamdictionarynow
Tips: If you can't find, please ASK?