- Dream about Blood
- Dream about Test
- Dream about Teeth
- Dream about Naked
- Dream about Flying
- Dream about Water
- Dream about Falling
- Dream about Death
- Dream about Cheating
- Dream about Snakes
- Dream about Chase
Dream about Ghosts & Ghost dreams meaningTo see the ghost of a dead friend/relative in your dream suggests guilt and regrets concerning the past relationships with that particular person.
To dream that ghosts are trying to kill you implies that you are ready to confront your past and your repressed emotions, despite how painful it may be. You are ready to move forward with your life and leave the past behind. If a ghost is choking you in your dream, then it means that some past situation is preventing you from fully expressing yourself.
GHOSTS IN DREAMS: Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance a ghost dream may simply translate into the word “eerie” and the dream captures the feeling that “yesterday I saw this man put in an ambulance who looked just like my friend at work. It was an eerie feeling to think I may have randomly seen my friend taken in an ambulance”.
KEYWORDS LINKED TO GHOST DREAMS In practice ghosts could translate into many words – here is the full list
- “very eerie feeling” (Ghosts can be scary so they can symbolise anything that really freaked you out yesterday)
- “cannot stop thinking about something” (If you cannot stop thinking about something then it looms in your mind. Its always there but at the same time not there – a bit like a ghost )
- “ineffectiveness” (If you are ineffective then you may as well not be there. You are kind of there but not there – a bit like a ghost)
- “something missing” (If something is not quite right in your life then this may result in a ghost dream. The feeling that something is lacking is similar to the ghost that is something that is not quite there and lacks a physical body)
- “feeling someone’s presence” (If you feel someone’s presence then its a very similar feeling to that of a ghost. That person is there in your heart! Or you are aware of what they would be thinking! Or you might be aware of how they would react if they knew what you were doing.)
- “always aware of some authority figure” (if you are always thinking of someone – an authority figure then they loom in your mind – they hang about your thoughts like a ghost)
- “sense someone’s affection/hate” (Sometimes we feel a connection with someone. Do you feel that someone is in love with you and you feel you can sense it? Alternatively do you feel someone’s anger or bitterness towards you?)
- “crush” (a ghosts is someone who is not really there. A crush is someone who you do not really have a relationship with – they are not really there)
- “a shadow of its former self” (a ghost may depict someone who is a shadow of their former self – the ghost suggests this new phase lacking life and energy)
- “a worry” (a ghost lurks in the background just like worries that lie at the back of our minds)
- “things not being the same as they used to be” (The ghost may represent something in your life that has ended. For instance, a relationship which is over or job you used to do. If something has ended its kind of died. Ghosts are people who have died. Ghosts in dreams represent relationships ended)
- “leaving” (if someone is leaving then you are thinking of them in this half life way – they are still there but will soon be no more)
- “plans not working” (If your plans are not working out then there is something missing which is a bit like a ghost which is not quite there.)
- “relationship as good as over” (Are you carrying on as if a relationship is still happening when in truth it has long since been over. The ghost maybe symbolic of the relationship dying yet lingering in some strange afterlife)
- – “completely ignored” (Did you feel completely ignored yesterday by someone? If someone ignores you its almost as if you were not there – which is a similar situation to a ghost which is there but not there)
Dream symbols can have unusual meanings. Ghosts are not really there and so they are associated with words like “ineffective” because someone who is ineffective has no real material presence. The mind uses these clever analogies and uses these to point to everyday situations which involve that theme. If a ghost dream links to the word “ineffective” then the dream could capture the thought “I do not want to appear ineffective” (like a ghost) “so I am going to assert myself tomorrow”Now try to see how words in this list feature in your thoughts. Think of the things that you write down in a diary or tell a friend. Its likely that dreams translate into conscious thoughts that you are all too aware of – nowadays not many people believe in the unconscious mind. If any of the thoughts that you have seem to feature words on the list then its likely that the dream could link to that thought – it may even portray that exact thought process.
Take the following situation where in real life the dreamer had broken off her friendship with a friend. They still frequented the same places but just never spoke to each other. The dreamer felt as if her presence was like a ghost – they moved around each other as if they had not seen each other. They stuck around the same places as if haunting each other. So when the dreamer had a ghost dream this summed up their eerie presence around each other.
Dreams can portray very sophisticated feelings. Take this dream of Carl Jung (the psychoanalyst) – “I was at a border post. There was some customs official at the check point. He was actually a ghost and I was the only person who could see him. Later there is a knight in shining armour on a huge horse. The knight is a glorious and powerful sight. Jung related this dream to Freud, his great rival. The customs official was symbolic of Freud because Freud felt he had the right to check over Jung’s work. Jung also felt the need seek Freud’s approval. The customs official was a ghost because the presence of Freud was unseen. The knight was symbolic of how Jung was becoming – all powerful and someone who did not need to gain Freud’s approval. So together the symbols capture this feeling.
In general, seeing ghosts in your dream symbolizes aspects of yourself that you fear.
This may involve a painful memory, guilt, or some repressed thoughts. You may be anxious about your ability to achieve something in real life. Or, you may be afraid of death and dying.
If you were frightened by the ghost or it spoke to you, this is a warning that some powerful pressure will be put on you to join in a scheme or activity which is against your principles. Resist the temptation with all your strength, and if necessary get help from a trusted friend or adviser.
If you dreamed of being a ghost, this symbolizes a feeling of disconnection from life and society.
This dream may be a calling for you to move on and abandon your outdated modes of thinking and behavior, and make a positive change in attitude.
Dream Dictionary Ghosts
Generally the meaning of dream regarding a ghost that is of no person special to you has a more general message. When it is the incorporeal manifestation of someone that you have known for quite some time, then it is important to figure out exactly what significance that person has to you, and why they might show up as a ghost in one of your dreams instead of in their normal human form. Most dream meanings regarding dead relatives or friends are tied to feelings of guilt that you had. If the people that you are seeing as ghosts in your dreams are actually dead in the real world, then it is likely that you are dreaming of them because of some wrong that you committed against them while they were alive that you cannot get over.
If you dream that you are attempting to reach out to a ghost that then disappears, a dream interpretation might suggest that you are attempting to deal with some painful or stressful memory, but that you have not quite become completely at ease with it. Still, you are taking steps to do so, and this might be the dreams’ way of telling you that you are making progress.
If the ghost of a person that you see in your dreams happens to be someone that is actually live, this is a dangerous sign. Contrary to how it may seem, it could mean that they are plotting something dangerous for you. You would do well to spend some time apart from this person until the dreams have settled down or gone away entirely. This is why it is important to carefully scrutinize the people in your dreams and the things that they do, because it clues your conscious self into what your subconscious feels. If you feel deep in your gut that you are in danger, this is your subconscious’ way of telling you, and you would do right to listen.
Dream Interpretation Related Posts:
- Ghost (India, interpretation of dreams) This is a very bad omen. Difficulties will be overwhelming.Terrible enemies will overpower you.
- Ghost (China, interpretation of dreams) You fight ghost: your longevity will be extended
- Ghost Dreaming of a haunted house indicates that guilt from the past is holding you back from accomplishing something you really want.Actually seeing a ghost, however, is an omen of good luck. If you are frightened by a ghost, this could mean that mistakes in your past have “come back to…
- Ghost (Phantom; Spook) A ghost in a dream represents money earned from a friendly person.If a pregnant woman sees a ghost in her dream, it means that she will give birth to a son.(Also see Mirage)
- Ghost Actually dreaming of a ghost links us to old habit patterns, or buried hopes and longings.There is something insubstantial in these, possibly because we have not put enough energy into them.
- Ghost We may be resurrecting old memories or feelings in order to understand our own actions. By putting ourselves in touch with what is dead and gone we can take appropriate action in the here and now.If we dream of being haunted by a ghost we have probably not handled an…
- Ghost Tif a ghost – i.E.A shadowy shape – appears in a dream we may be alerted to our past states of being and ways of behaviour. We need to identify these and acknowledge that we have moved on.
- Ghost To dream of the ghost of either one of your parents, denotes that you are exposed to danger, and you should be careful in forming partnerships with strangers.To see the ghost of a dead friend, foretells that you will make a long journey with an unpleasant companion, and suffer disappointments.For…
- Giving up the ghost (Death) In a dream, the return of one’s soul back to its Lord means remitting of a trust back to its rightful owner, the recovery of a sick person from his illness, the release of a prisoner from jail, or perhaps it could represent a reunion of people who love…
Searches related to dream about ghostsdream about ghosts attack
dream about ghosts chasing me
dream about haunted house
dream interpretation ghosts
recurring ghost dreams meaning
dream moods ghost
what do my dreams mean
seeing ghost in your dreams
dream meaning ghosts haunting
what does it mean to dream about ghosts
what does my dream mean
Copyright Go To Dreams – Dreams dictionary
Source of Dreammood, Gotohoroscope
Tips: If you can't find, please ASK?